Fit tip: Make your own oat flour by pulsing old-fashioned oats in a food processor or go gluten free by swapping the flour for almond meal.
EGGPLANT FRIES WITH SWEET 'N SPICY DIP
Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 3 servings
1 large eggplant
½ cup oat flour
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
1 packet Stevia
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper. Add flour to a separate bowl.
3. Slice eggplant into thick “fries.” Dip each piece into egg mixture, then dredge in flour, coating evenly.
4. Spread eggplant fries on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. Meanwhile, blend yogurt, cottage cheese, chili powder and Stevia in a food processor until smooth.
6. Serve fries with dipping sauce.
* Savings based on US cover price. US funds only. Oxygen is
published 12 times per year. Canadians: $15.00 S&H (includes GST or
HST where applicable) is added to the price. Please allow up to 6 weeks
for delivery of your first issue.