Sara’s “Eat Clean” Crab CakesBy Work. Train. Compete!|Sara & Natalie|2012-07-18 | Comments: 0Don’t sabotage your clean eating regime by splurging on conventional deep fried crab cakes rife with butter and mayo! Make and eat these fabulously clean crab cakes instead!
Check out this video of me making the Clean Crab Cakes!
Sara’s “Eat Clean” Crab Cakes:
- Place 2 GG Scandinavian crispbreads (order online) in mixer/blender/food processor and grind into crumbs
- Also add the following to the mixer:
- 3 oz crab meat
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 tsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- Squeeze the juice from ½ a lime
- Blend the above mentioned ingredients in the mixer
- Add 1 TBSP extra virgin coconut oil to a skillet
- Divide the crab mixture into small cakes on the skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes each side.
- Plate dish and serve.
Yields ~ 8 cakes.
6 3 98 1 3 24 30 130 294 Fat 0 0.1g 1.3g 0 0.2g 0 0 14g 15.5g Saturated Fat
0 0 0.2g 0 0 0 0 13g 13.2g Cholesterol
0 0 60.4mg 0 0 0 0 0 60.4mg Sodium
0.3mg 11.9mg 587.7mg 0.1mg 0.3mg 60mg 100mg 0 760.3mg Carbohydrates
1.4g 0.5g 0 0.4g 0.5g 14g 0 0 16.8g Fiber
0.2g 0.3g 0 0 0.2g 10g 0 0 10.7g Sugars
0.6g 0.1g 0 0.1g 0.1g 0 0 0 0.9g Protein
0.1g 0.4g 20.2g 0 0.1g 2g 7g 0 29.9g
Net Carbs: 16.8 - 10.7 = 6.1g
Dr. Sara Solomon
Follow me on Twitter @DrSaraSolomon
Follow dentists, Dr. Sara Solomon, WBFF Pro and Dr. Natalie Pennington, IFBB Pro, as they work, train and compete! Find out how these fit gals balance professional careers with fitness competition prep – plus get their tips on eating clean, training hard and staying motivated!