Summer SalmonBy Oxygen's Staff Blog|Oxygen Staff|2012-06-28 | Comments: 0Helen Vong - Nutrition Editor
Need a go-to BBQ recipe for all those upcoming weekend getaways? This lean protein-packed meal won’t undo all your hard work in the gym. In fact, research has shown that the DHA and EPA (omega-3 marine oil) found in salmon may help mobilize abdominal adipose cells, the main structures in the body that store fat, which in turn, helps to promote fat burning on stubborn abs flab.
Recipe by Susan Kleiner, PhD, RD, FACN, CNS, FISSN
Grilled Raspberry Salmon
Ready in 1 hour • Makes 4 servings
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1 1/2 pounds wild-caught salmon filet(s)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Cilantro sprigs, raspberries, and lemon slices to garnish
- Prepare grill on medium high heat. Oil slotted or vented grill pan.
- Rinse the salmon and pat dry. Set aside in a small baking dish.
- Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Rub the skin side with sea salt and place on grill pan, skin side down. Spoon some of the marinade over the fish and place on grill.
- Grill 7-10 minutes, or until just barely done.
- Remove from grill and let fish rest for 1-2 minutes to finish cooking. Garnish and serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 330, Total Fats: 18 g, Saturated Fat: 2.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Sodium: 840 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 6 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g , Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 34 g, Iron: 7 mg
Happy Fit Summer!
Follow me on Twitter @helenvong
Follow Oxygen editors as they share the insider information about Oxygen and what makes it the leader in women's fitness! You'll get even more of your favorite training, nutrition, fat loss and health tips and a daily dose of motivation! Join us!